Monday, October 26, 2009

Economy

How much is your local store worth?

I was at a bookstore this weekend determined to buy a specific book. I had already gone online to check the price and whether shipping was free. The bookstore had the book I wanted and, after reviewing it, I decided to purchase it.

Now I had to make a decision. Buy the book at the store or order online. The bookstore price was $5 more than the online, free shipping price. What did that extra $5 buy? Convenience? Personal service? Atmosphere? The ability to preview a book? When I really thought about it, it took about 5 minutes to figure out that it was worth more than $5 to support my local bookstore.

When faced with a similar decision, take a moment and ask yourself what it is worth to you.

Buy local!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Jan! This message is much appreciated. If we all did more of this, perhaps our economy woes would start to fade.

    ReplyDelete